One of the features we’re introducing is how to duplicate a celebrity’s makeup look that we admire.
I recently happened upon the show Dexter when I was looking for instant view options on Netflix. I found myself wrapped up in the story, but also never too busy to notice a particularly stunning makeup look sported by Lauren Velez, who plays Lt. Maria LaGuerta. Velez is of Puerto Rican and African American descent.
The most basic thing to note is how clean and shaped her brows are. They really frame her face and set it up for a glamorous eye look.
Sheila has recommended the following MAC products to duplicate Lauren’s natural but stunning makeup:
- Fill in brows as needed with MAC Stud eye pencil
- Apply Format blush to apples of cheeks
- Line lips with Mahogany liner and fill with Spice it Up! lipstick
- Apply Ricepaper shadow to browbone
- Use Mulch shadow for the crease color
- Line with a basic brown liner and top off with brown or black mascara
Voila! A gorgeous look for a darker-skinned woman that can be worn during the day and easily vamped up for the evening.