Looking presentable never needs to take even 10 minutes or more. Many times after waking up late and finding I have very minimal time to put together my face, I turn to a selection of products I have on hand that make prettying up quick and easy.
Not everything you see here is still available, but every single item can be easily duped.
Many times, I can get away with no foundation as long as I use a good concealer. I almost always have red spots from active blemishes and faded ones, so there is never a day that concealer is not an option. This Five Minute Face is based on going without foundation for that particular day.
Here are my key essentials:
- NARS The Multiple in almost any neutral or pinkish color. The one featured here is Riviera.
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder. It’s never too powdery or dusty and applies like silk.
- L’Oreal Air Wear Concealer. This has been discontinued, which is a shame since it goes on very light yet covers extremely well and is never cakey. NYX makes an excellent wand concealer that is similar in consistency.
- Your basic liquid shadow. This one is a Korean brand and I can’t remember where it came from, but basically any cream or liquid will do. The idea is to make it easy to just use your fingers to swipe it on and go.
- 100% Pure’s Fruit-Pigmented Lip and Cheek Tint. This is a cheaper alternative to the NARS Multiple, only with less color choices. The nice thing about this brand is that it is indeed 100% pure – no nasty chemicals in these products! It smells good and applies very easily and lasts a good amount of time on my oily skin.
- A stick eye shadow. I use this on days when I’d like an alternative to the cream or liquid shadow options. This one is from Sugar and was in Sephora’s virtual discount bin so it’s no longer available, but check out MAC’s Shadesticks or NYX’s Jumbo Eye Pencils as alternatives.
- A big, fat, easy to apply eyeliner. This is actually one of NYX’s Jumbo Eye Pencils in Horse Raddish (a review is forthcoming on these!) and it can function both as a shadow and a liner. Tons of colors and convenience – who could ask for anything more?! I can literally apply these without a mirror if need be.
- Lise Watier Duo Lip Crayon. Application with a fat pencil is a breeze since you can line and color your lips all in one easy step. This one is discontinued, but check out Shiseido’s Automatic Lip Crayons or NYX’s Jumbo Lipstick Pencils, which are just as good.
- Tarte 24/7 Lip Sheer. This is another good option for your lips when time is of the essence. These apply sheer and don’t take a lot of time to get just right, and are easily totable, all-natural and have the most refreshing peppermint scent.
- Anastasia’s Brow Fix. Many times I don’t feel like penciling in the ends of my brows, and one swipe of this waxy stick is enough to make my thin brow ends look longer and more lush with no need for color.
- My Avon Magix Tinted Face Perfector! If you read my review, this product speaks for itself. It truly makes going without foundation a breeze.
- Mary Kate & Ashley Paper Me Pretty blush papers. Not sure if these are still around, but they were a cheap find at WalMart and are incredibly useful. You can travel with these and there is plenty of pigment for an application on both cheeks. They are definitely worth a trip to Wally World to see if you can snag them.
So there’s my Five Minute Face! Please share what yours is!